Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bracing for braces!

I posted a new profile photo. This is the "Before" picture. I actually have a different set of front teeth now that are even worse than those in the profile photo. My prosthodontist made a new set of temporary front teeth to serve as a guide for the orthodontist, to let him know how much space she needs to work with. Oh well. I'll have braces in two days and I'm sure the weird teeth will be even less noticeable than they are now.

Braces in two days! Just the upper teeth for now. Eventually, the ortho is going to place little screws in my upper jaw to "include" (push my teeth back up into the jaw) the teeth in order to open up my bite. The only thing I wonder about is that my teeth all have crowns, so won't the crowns cut into the gums as they go up? Um, ouch. I'll have to ask about that. I can't ever come up with these types of questions on the spot when the doctor is right in front of me.

I think I'm a little in denial about how sore the braces might make me. I get them put on at 9:00am, then go straight to class and then straight to a shift until 7:15 that night. I hope it isn't too distracting. I'm not looking forward to getting even more food caught in my teeth, but I always have floss on hand anyway, so I guess it won't be a big deal.

I guess the great thing about this is, I just keep getting further along in the process, which means I am closer to having a functional and (hopefully) pretty mouth!

1 comment:

garydrew01 said...

Having braces isn't bad at all. It is a way of keeping teeth healthy and beautiful. I am looking forward for having my braces also but I still can't decide of whom dental office I'm gonna visit. I mean, I still can't choose my personal cosmetic dentist.